A Love Letter to the Analog Monosynth
The Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt 3900 is a modern, semi-modular synthesizer, inspired by the instruments designed by our heroes. The Microvolt 3900 takes a new approach to building a raw, analog monosynth with a host of unconventional and inspirational features.
Creative Synthesis Design
With our new temperature stabilized, dual VCA oscillator core, the analog audio engine of the Microvolt 3900 feeds a set of timbrel waveshapers crafted for deep harmonic shaping, enabling a layer of additive synthesis alongside the classic subtractive synthesis waveforms. Waveforms are fed into our binary filter, a custom state variable filter architecture offering near infinite resonance with or without self-oscillation. Sonically this creates a juicy, fluid filter adding depth and energy to the oscillator that can scream if you ask it to.
Microvolt 3900 Highlights
- Voltage controlled West Coast style wavefolder.
- Switchable harmonically rich sine wave.
- External preamp with independent 30x gain and output level controls.
- Classic Pittsburgh Modular low pass filter with extended resonance.
- Dynamic VCA with standard VCA and dynamic low pass gate modes.
- Variable overdrive on output.
- Multi-mode sequencing arpeggiator.
- Chaotic random CV and gate generator.
- Multi-tasking function generator works as a voltage controlled envelope, LFO, and oscillator.
- Highly tuned ADSR envelope generator.
- 39-point Eurorack format compatible patch bay.
Microvolt 3900 Specs
Power coated steel and walnut construction.
Dimensions: 10.375" x 7" x 1.875"
Weight: 3.6 lbs
Power: 1.5A +15v DC power adapter
Patch Cables: 5 Nazca Audio brand patch cables.
Midi Connector Cable
More information, video, and audio demos available at pittsburghmodular.com/microvolt.
We are currently taking pre-orders for the Microvolt 3900. Estimated shipping date is April 27.